2016 Faculty positions available! (Detailed Info)
Information about Graduate Studies
- PRX featured on Physics: Focus (More Info)
- Students Awarded for Best Projects and Posters in Physics Courses (More Info)
- International School on Nitride Materials and Devices (Event Poster/Program)
- Coşkun Kocabaş of the Department of Physics has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grant. Dr. Kocabaş will be using the funding provided by the council for five years for his research project, “Graphene-Based Smart Surfaces: From Visible to Microwave.” (More Info)
- Giovanni Volpe has been awarded an ERC Starting Grant: Department of Physics, UNAM and Neurosciences faculty member Giovanni Volpe has been awarded a European Research Council Starting Grant. Dr. Volpe will be using the five-year funding for his research project “Biocompatible and Interactive Artificial Micro- and Nanoswimmers and Their Applications.” (More Info)
- Conference in Honor of Prof. Dr. Metin Gürses’s 70th Birthday (Program, Event Poster)
- Ever wonder about Relativity? Physics Department offers a new elective course “Theory of Relativity” for undergraduates in Fall 2015-2016.
- Spectacular Course Projects of PHYS 211 & 212 – Waves, Optics, Thermodynamics & Modern Physics.
- Results of the work by Dr. Coşkun Kocabaş and his group with the title “Graphene-enabled electrically switchable radar-absorbing surfaces” is published in Nature Communications.
- Postdoc and PhD positions at Computational Nanoscience and Materials Research Group. [Details]
- Postdoc position available at Soft Matter Lab. [Details]