Journal Club For Fall 2016 will meet in on the following Tuesdays in SA – 240
2016 Faculty positions available! (Detailed Info)
Burcin Mutlu-Pakdil is one of our graduate (Sprıng 2009) invented a new Galaxy (More Info)
- A team of researchers led by Dr. F. Ömer Ilday published an article in Nature titled “Ablation-cooled material removal with ultrafast bursts of pulses”. (More Info)
- Physics Department on Youtube Video 1
- Physics Department on Youtube Video 2
- Giovanni Volpe and his groups has published new article about ” Nonadditivity of critical Casimir forces” on Nature Communications.
- Workshop on Quantum Dynamics organized by Department of Physics between16-19 May 2016 (More Info)
- Journal Club for the Spring Semester (More Info)
- Phys 102 Lectures on Youtube
- Our graduate student Erçağ Pinçe’s new published article ” Disorder-mediated crowd control in an active matter system ” on Nature communications.
- Giovanni Volpe chosen as OSA Ambassador. (More Info)
- Giovanni Volpe’s new book “Optical Tweezers”
- Gravitational Waves Detected (More Info)
- Sensing Delays Control Robot Swarming by Giovanni Volpe (More Info)
- Students Awarded for Best Projects and Posters in Physics Courses (More Info)
- International School on Nitride Materials and Devices (Event Poster/Program)
- Coşkun Kocabaş of the Department of Physics has been awarded a European Research Council (ERC) Consolidator Grant. Dr. Kocabaş will be using the funding provided by the council for five years for his research project, “Graphene-Based Smart Surfaces: From Visible to Microwave.” (More Info)
- Giovanni Volpe has been awarded an ERC Starting Grant: Department of Physics, UNAM and Neurosciences faculty member Giovanni Volpe has been awarded a European Research Council Starting Grant. Dr. Volpe will be using the five-year funding for his research project “Biocompatible and Interactive Artificial Micro- and Nanoswimmers and Their Applications.” (More Info)
- Conference in Honor of Prof. Dr. Metin Gürses’s 70th Birthday (Program, Event Poster)
- Ever wonder about Relativity? Physics Department offers a new elective course “Theory of Relativity” for undergraduates in Fall 2015-2016.
- Spectacular Course Projects of PHYS 211 & 212 – Waves, Optics, Thermodynamics & Modern Physics.
- Results of the work by Dr. Coşkun Kocabaş and his group with the title “Graphene-enabled electrically switchable radar-absorbing surfaces” is published in Nature Communications.
- Postdoc and PhD positions at Computational Nanoscience and Materials Research Group. [Details]
- Postdoc position available at Soft Matter Lab. [Details]